"6:30-7:30PM-Dessert Cook-Off Raffle"
by GLPA Members-Coordinators-Marilyn Cloran & Chris Germain
Monday, April 3, 6:30 PM
Here is the way the Cook-Off Raffle works. There will be ten desserts to choose from. We will be selling tickets at three for a dollar, however this will continue to be a hiatus year at the club for raffles so all of the money collected will be donated to the church across the street-The Sacred Heart. This is in part to thank them for the use of their parking lot all these years and to help us without tax status. The church has several programs they can use the funds for- They have a women’s half way house, a children’s school and they will be starting their own food bank. Each of the cook’s listed below will get 10 free tickets for their effort. Each dessert will have a bag placed in front of it. You then place your tickets in the bag in front of the dessert or desserts you crave. You can put all your tickets in one bag or spread them out. The winning baker will be determined by the number of tickets placed in the bag for their dessert. The winner will receive a special monetary prize from the club coffers. One ticket will be pulled from the bag for each dessert and the winner gets to take that dessert home. In past years the raffle normally nets the club coffers about 500 dollars, which I am sure will go a long way to help the church with their programs. Thank you to all the cooks and thank you to all the past raffle ticket buyers. So, join the fun and bring a few bucks with you. I hope you will all be generous in your purchasing tickets from our happy sellers-Ken Jordan, MNEC and Peter Curcis, MNEC.
The Cook Off Raffle is being coordinated by Marilyn Cloran, FPSA, MNEC with assistance of Chris Germain, HonNEC. As of this posting, available that night to select from nine bakers, as Andy Gatchell is cooking two items for us, will be -
1. Brownies--------------------------- Marilyn Cloran
2. A Red Velvet Cupcakes--------------Catherine Doherty
3. Chai Spiced Sugar Cookies-------Andy Gatchell
4. Lavender Lemon Bundt Cake-------Andy Gatchell
5. Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake-----Chris Germain
6. Chocolate Cake---------------------Carolyn Livingston
7. Blueberry Raspberry Cobbler--------Ellie Losee
8. Lemon Blueberry Ricotta Scones----Kathy Murphy
9. Saucepan Chocolate Cookies-------Barbara Rozavsky
10. Shoofly Pie----------------------------Jill Silvester